Official State of Nebraska Web Site


NOHS logo-no action

Traffic Engineering

Contact for General Highway questions, concerns, or comments


Regular Acrobat Reader Download

Help with PDF's for those with visual disabilities


Highway Safety Office
A Section of NDOR Traffic Engineering Division
Text Only

Find out more about automatic updates before you subscribe Click to subscribe to automatic updates from NDOR whenever this page changes


Not Finding What You Need? Contact Us!


Q. What should I do if I see a suspected drunk driver?
A. To report a suspected drunk driver immediately Dial *55 or 911.

Q. Who do I contact if I have a question about or need a copy of an Accident Report form?
A. Answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Driver's Motor Vehicle Accident Report form can be found at the Nebraska Department of Roads website:

Q.  How do I find out if a particular road is under construction?
A. Visit the Nebraska Department of Roads website at:, then click on "Construction Detours" at the top of the page for the report, or click on "Text Version" and then check by highway #, or call 511 or 800-906-9069 and follow the prompts.

Q. Where can I find information about a vehicle recall or report a safety defect?
A. Visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website at:

Q. Where can I find information on road conditions?
A. Visit the Nebraska Department of Roads website:

Q. Where can I find the nearest "STOP" - Safety Training Option Program class?
A. The STOP or Traffic Diversion programs are not regulated or encouraged by the State. Contact the County attorney in the county where the traffic ticket was issued for information regarding a STOP or similar program.

Q. What is the total vehicle length allowed on Nebraska roadways?
A. Nebraska does allow a combination of vehicles (i.e. pickup, trailer, and boat); however, the total length of the combination of vehicles cannot exceed 65 feet. You can find more information at:,290

Q. Is there a place I can look up traffic laws?
A. Visit the Nebraska Unicameral’s website at: