Nebraska Office of Highway
A Section of NDOR Traffic Engineering Division
The Speed Monitoring Trailer was purchased with Federal 402 funds by the Nebraska Office of Highway Safety (NOHS). The Speed Monitoring Trailer was designed to provide the following benefits:
- Provide a visual readout of actual speed vs. posted speed.
- Slow drivers down in critical speed areas (i.e. school zone).
- Projects a law enforcement presence.
- Provides a deterrent effect in reducing the incidence of speed-related crashes.
- Available to any state, county, or municipal law enforcement agency.
- Available to any civic group or organization, in conjunction with their law enforcement agency for use in speed reduction.
The Speed Monitoring Trailer is equipped with the following equipment:
- 24-Inch Readout Digits for Increased Visibility
- True Direction Sensing Radar
- Adjustable Radar Targeting Range
- 24-Hour Operational Timer
- Modular Control Panel
- Adjustable Violator Strobe Alert
- Maximum Speed Cutoff
- Auto Dimming LED’s
- Camera Port (Simulates Photo radar)
- Corrosion Resistant Construction
- Reflective Lettering
- Low Battery Indicator
- Wheel Immobilizer
- Spare Tire
- 3-Point Leveling
To reserve the Speed Monitoring Trailer for
a two week time period to promote voluntary speed limit compliance on state, county, and local roads, school zones, or other specific locations contact
NOHS Traffic Safety Specialist