Official State of Nebraska Web Site


Right of Way

ROW Home

Relocation Appeal Forms

Property for Sale/Rent/Lease

Permit Applications

On-Line Documents & Publications

ROW Design Files
& Design Consulting Info

Acquisition Consultants RFP's

Program Areas

ROW Design Engineering


Acquisitions & Negotiations

Relocation Assistance

Property Management

Highway Beautification

Local Public Agencies


Regular Acrobat Reader Download
Help with PDF's for those with visual disabilities


ROW Permit Applications

Text Only

Please click on the type of permit you seek

Wayfinding Signs Info

Permits for the Use of Right of Way
Encroachment & Occupancy
(Overcross, Undercross and Misc.)

Permits for Banners

Our participation in the Federal-Aid Highway Program requires that we assure to the Federal Highway Administration that all real property within the boundaries of a federally-aided highway is devoted exclusively to the purpose of that highway, and that the real property is preserved free of all other public or private alternative uses.  With State and local Federal funding at stake, it is important that we all cooperate to insure that we are in compliance with Federal Regulations. 

Exceptions are permitted when we have determined such use of the real property is in the public interest and will not impair the highway or interfere with the free and safe flow of traffic and the FHWA has concurred in our determination. 

Banners, provided they conform to our policy, are exceptions that have been determined to be in the public interest and not to impair the highway or interfere with the free and safe flow of traffic.

Contact Info

Where to Mail the Application & How to Contact the District (click)

ROW-Lincoln Email: Todd Wicken,
Phone: 402-479-4770

Applicant Information